Welcome to H2B-VISAS.COM

Svetlana Schreiber and Associates LPA- Immigration Attorneys help immigrants and employers across the world obtain work visas (H1B, H2B, B-1, H1C, H-3, L-1), visitor visas (B-2, J-1), family visa (H-4, F-2, J-2), student visas (F-1, M-1, J-1). We also prepare green card applications including PERM labor certifications, I-130, I-140, I-360, I-485, and handle U.S. citizenship applications, Asylum/Refugee, BCIS Representation and Consular Practice.

For over 25 years, Svetlana Schreiber and Associates LPA has specialized in U.S. immigration law. Our founding attorney, Svetlana Schreiber Esq., has been awarded an AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5 for 2009 and AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5 for five years 2005-2010 from Martindale-Hubbell®, for her professional excellence and the highest levels of skill and integrity

Work Visa (Temporary Workers)

Employers who wish to hire foreign workers to temporarily perform services or labor or to receive training may file an I-129 petition. The I-129 is mainly used for nonimmigrant categories; thus, in most cases, workers who enter the United States under this petition must depart the U.S. when their maximum period of stay has been reached. Form I-129 may also be used to petition for an extension of stay or change of status for certain nonimmigrants.

There are many categories of workers who are temporary visitors and who may be petitioned for on the I-129. These nonimmigrant classifications are symbolized by letters which generally correspond to the visas issued by the State Department.

H-1B VISA category

The H-1B is a non-immigrant visa in the United States under the Immigration & Nationality Act, section 101(a)(15)(H). It allows U.S. employers to temporarily employ foreign workers in specialty occupations. If a foreign worker in H-1B status quits or is dismissed from the sponsoring employer, the worker can find another employer, apply for a change of status to another non-immigrant status, or must leave the US.

The regulations define a "specialty occupation" as requiring theoretical and practical application of a body of highly specialized knowledge in a field of human endeavor, and requiring the attainment of a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent as a minimum (with the exception of fashion models, who must be "of distinguished merit and ability".) Likewise, the foreign worker must possess at least a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent and state licensure, if required to practice in that field. H-1B work-authorization is strictly limited to employment by the sponsoring employer.

H-2B VISA category

The H-2B visa category allows U.S. employers in industries with peak load, seasonal or intermittent needs to augment their existing labor force with temporary workers. The H-2B visa category also allows U.S. employers to augment their existing labor force when necessary due to a one-time occurrence which necessitates a temporary increase in workers. Typically, H-2B workers fill labor needs in occupational areas such as construction, health care, landscaping, lumber, manufacturing, food service/processing, and resort/hospitality services.

How can an Immigration Attorney help you?

U.S. Immigration attorneys deal with issues relating to foreign nationals who come to this country either temporarily or permanently, including the associated legal rights, duties, and obligations of aliens in the United States. Immigration attorneys also deal with the application processes and procedures involved with naturalization of foreign nationals who wish to become U.S. citizens, as well as deal with legal issues relating to people who are refugees or asylums.

If you or a family member is interested in living in the United States, you may need someone who can help you understand U.S. immigration laws and who can help you apply for legal status .

  1. Our immigration attorneys can assist you to avoid the problems that you will face at Immigration Court. they can help you to prepare your application. A very good prepared paper work will help substantially your case.
  2. There are many programs unknown to immigrants and numerous changes in immigration law every year so they are easily overlooked if you do not have an experienced attorney.
  3. Our experienced immigration lawyers may represent you in the the front of the immigration judge. They will sustain you case, will bring in front of the judge all evidence which helps your case .

Attorney Rating

Attorney Svetlana Schreiber Esq. has been awarded an oustanding AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell.

Immigration Attorneys at Svetlana Schreiber and Associates are members of following organizations:

  • American Bar Association

    American Bar Association
  • The American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)

    American Immigration Lawyers Association
  • The Ohio State Bar Association

    Ohio State Bar Association
  • The New York State Bar Association

    New York State Bar Association